Join the Schwing team and become a part of an exciting, dynamic workforce. Our products are used world-wide on some of the highest visibility construction projects. Experience the respect our employees earn producing the highest quality products with a customer focus unmatched in the industry.
Division: Concrete Pump Repair
Location: North Branch, MN
Under limited supervision, repairs and rebuilds concrete pumps/heavy equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Certification (ASE, MACS) or further education as an automotive mechanic, preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience working with heavy construction equipment preferred.
- CDL driver’s license with current health card preferred.
- Solid understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Ability to follow directions and read instructions in English.
- Technical knowledge of the equipment and tools is required.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Own a complete set of mechanics tools to include full set of standard and metric hand tools along with wrenches and sockets.
- Troubleshoot equipment to evaluate repairs that are needed on concrete pumps/heavy equipment.
- Follow standard assembly procedures to perform rework and repair on manufactured equipment.
- Disassemble, measure, reposition and install parts to reassemble unit according to engineering drawings, bills of materials, and standard work instructions as required.
- Connect hydraulic lines and fill with oil in preparation for testing.
- Test assembled parts or products to ensure the unit is functioning properly and meets quality specifications.
- Follow established safety and environmental procedures.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical problems and complete appropriate repairs.
- May provide work direction and training to lesser experienced department employees.