Insist on a Schwing Certified Boom Inspection!
Not all independent inspectors are certified. Call our service department today for a list of Schwing certified inspectors.
Periodic inspections according to ASME standard B30.27-2009 include complete visual inspection of all structural areas, including:
• Booms (all sections)
• Pedestal (tower)
• Main column and turret
• Hydraulic cylinders, lines and tubing, holding valves
• Safety decals
• Boom rests, steps, boom guide brackets, etc.
• Pin and bearing clearances
As per ASME B30.27-2009 Standard 27-2.1.3 Periodic Inspections 27-22.214.171.124, complete inspection of the material placing boom and structural support system shall be performed by a qualified person at the intervals listed below:
• First 5 years: every 2,000 working hours, or at least once per year (whichever occurs first)
• 5 to 10 years: every 1,000 working hours, or at least once per year (whichever occurs first)
• 10 years and older: every 500 working hours, or at least once per year (whichever occurs first)
Schwing Approved Boom Inspection and Boom Repair Companies
To Schedule A Boom Inspection Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-653-5438.
Baltimore MD, 21234
Domson Engineering & Inspection Ltd.
Brampton, ON. Canada
Wild Cat Welding Boom Inspection & Repair
307-251-0330 or 970-454-8801
SCHWING BOOM INSPECTORS
“With today’s extra long reaching booms and the higher strength steels being used, the correct repair
procedures and standards must be followed to insure the structural integrity of the repair.”
– Jeff Popa